When Halloween comes around I am always amazed how expensive Halloween costumes are! When did the fun, kids’ dress up night move into a night where parents spend hundreds? I mean, it is just 1 night! But homemade are not that hard or expensive. Here are 9 tips get you on your way to fun and cheap costumes!
1)Sweats, turtle necks and leggings are a great base for any homemade costume!
2)Dollar Store Accessories can sell it!
3) Don’t buy special Halloween/costume make up. Cheap make up usually results in better colors and doesn’t bother the skin as much. Then you can use a makeup wipe to remove it too!
4)If it is for Trick or Treating remember: It is dark! Don’t fret over the details!
5) If you need cardboard, Costco will let you pick out boxes!
6) Spray paint is a cheap and easy tool. You can paint quickly!!!
7) Pipe cleaners make great antennae, extra arms, etc.
8) Act like it is just playing dress up. Go with what you like not just what fits the “theme” of the costume.
9) Have fun!!! And let the kids help!
Later this week I will link up some great posts with homemade costumes too! If you want to be included just let me know!!!